I love how simple, quick and easy this is to make. It is one of the most versatile and healthy dishes i know of and goes with pretty much anything.
A medley of Mediterranean vegetables, which tastes great with jackets, rice, pasta or as a savoury pancake filling (my personal favourite). It can also be as kid friendly as you want as you can chop the veggies as big or as small as you like..
- 1 medium courgette
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 small onion
- 1 large coloured pepper (yellow / orange or red)
- ½ can chopped tomatoes
- ½ vegetable stock cube
- 3 tbspn olive oil
- 1 tbspn English yellow mustard
- Salt to taste
- Chop the vegetables into medium sized chunks
- In a large pan, add the olive oil and sauté the chopped vegetables on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend the tin of chopped tomatoes with your vegetable stock cube.
- Once the vegetables have softened a little, add the pureed tomatoes, vegetable stock and mustard.
- Add salt to taste and allow the Ratatouille to cook for a further few minutes.
- Serve with jacket potato and cheese, rice, pasta or even savoury pancakes